Sponsored Link

7.05.2017

I Forgot Taking Care of Myself Should Be A Priority Too

I had a check up yesterday with an internal medicine doctor. I was with my mommy. She accompanied me because I have been suffering from gas pains, chest pain and a severe sore throat.

It turned out I have been suffering from it for 3 weeks already. I thought I was okay and the pain will go away eventually.

I was feeling of having indigestion. The food that I eat feels clogged at my chest and I want to throw up often. It was hard to breathe sometimes. I feel more dizzy and very tired. I didn't have fever so I really wouldn't know what was wrong with me. I notice that I burp many times than normal. The feeling got weird.

I felt scared and maybe got depressed too. I thought about how I can work when I'm sick. I didn't know how I would feel better. I wouldn't want to leave the house anymore. I seemed so nervous going out. I worry that I can pass out accidentally.

The doctor explained to me my situation and if I won't take care of myself it could possibly lead to peptic ulcer. He said I'm still very young to experience this sickness. Usually people who are aged 50 above suffer from this illness.

So many things going on in my head while he explained to me that I need to look after myself too. Doctors, as I know, would give medicine to sickness. I wouldn't understand why he tells me I need to have a healthy lifestyle. He advised me to carry with me a pack of crackers while I work. I need to take small meals in between meals. He explained to me that prescription medicines will not take away the pain but can only help my situation.

I have been working at home doing the business and I couldn't believe that this could happen to me. I realized the meals that I have were not enough for my body. I should be more careful with eating healthy at the right time.

I'm only human. If anything I learned from this experience is that I need to take care of myself too. It is not like I take a medicine and I feel better after. This one is a process.

To be honest, it is not like I work 24/7. I think that I have enough time for myself, family and other things. In my mind I was convinced that I divide equally my time for important things but this one took it's toll on me.

My mind is somewhere else that I forgot taking care of myself should be a priority too. I thought I was healthy. I try to workout once in a while - 20 minute jogging, 20 push ups, 60 second plank and stretches. I don't think I'm pushing myself hard enough in that too.

I realize that it takes a lot of discipline to be balanced at everything in this life. It is not easy I need to pray and work hard on it.

I know God designed me the way He wanted me to be. I believe there are so many things yet in store for me. I have a lot more to share in the world.

I pray that God will use me as an instrument to help and inspire others. Now I realize why I need to take care of myself and get comfortable being careful and mindful of my health.

I know all of this will be very helpful for me in the future, in Jesus' name. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...